The Derwen School is delighted to announce that it has been rated as ‘Good’ following their inspection in June.
Principal, David Glaves says he is “excited to share the report from Ofsted inspection with you. To receive such positive feedback from the inspection is fantastic and I am delighted that the hard work and dedication of the school team has been recognised. We are very lucky to work with such wonderful children and we are all extremely happy that the progress that they are making with us has been highlighted.Although we are still a relatively new school we are well on the way towards having an outstanding provision that students, parents, carers and staff can be very proud of. I’ve highlighted some of the main areas of the Ofsted report but recommend reading the whole report to see the significant progress that we have made in such a short period of time”.
Our children are cared for!
- The leadership of the school is impressive.
- In a very short time leaders have established a caring culture.
- Staff care deeply for pupils
- Leaders are ambitious for all pupils
Our children are happy and enjoy school!
- Pupils are extremely proud of their school and their achievements.
- Pupils want to come to school and they want to learn.
- Relationships between staff and pupils are highly positive
- Pupils thrive in a wholly supportive environment.
Our children make progress!
- The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding.
- The induction for new pupils is exceptional.
- All pupils thrive in an environment where they are cared for, nurtured and understood.
- Pupils who have previously missed a lot of education say they enjoy coming to school.
Our children our safe!
- Staff are highly vigilant and quick to report anything of concern.
- Nothing is left to chance when it comes to the safety of pupils.
Our children are well behaved!
- Pupils’ behaviour is outstanding.
- Constructive relationships throughout the school underpin behaviour and conduct.
- Pupil conduct is exemplary.
Other adults appreciate the work of the school!
- Professionals speak highly of the provisions.
- The school is quick to find solutions to support pupils.
- Parents and carers are impressed with the school.
- Parents say the school has gone beyond their expectations.